CERTIFICATION COURSE ON DRILLING TECHNOLOGY
This basic drilling technology course addresses the technology used to drill wells from a fundamental view point. Equipment and procedures involved with drilling oil and gas wells are described for those who are interested in understanding the drilling process .
- Definitions and descriptions of drilling equipment.
- understand the drilling process.
- components and procedures are discuss
- basic science concepts which guide these processes.
- descriptions of drill bits, directional drilling, drilling fluids, solids control, .
- cementing, casing, well bore stability, well control,
- measurement-while-drilling techniques, stuck pipe, lost circulation, and well bore hydraulics.
- understanding of drilling operations for all participants, with or without a science background.
- clay mineralogy well bore instability and drilling fluids.
- pressure and pressure
- procedures and problems associated with drilling wells.
- Rocks behave differently under pressure and understanding this behavior helps in understanding drilling performance.
- aspects of drilling operations and concepts and intent of these mathematical equations